Exploring Early Childhood
Our society is increasingly recognising that children’s experiences in the early childhood years form the foundation for future growth, development and learning.
Exploring Early Childhood explores issues within an early childhood context and considers these in relation to the students themselves, their family and the community.
Through the study of Exploring Early Childhood, students learn to develop:
- knowledge and understanding about the physical, social-emotional, behavioural, cognitive and language development of young children
- knowledge and understanding about the environmental factors that have an impact on young children’s growth and development
- knowledge and understanding about the development and maintenance of positive behaviours and relationships with young children
- skills in communication and interaction, research and analysis and decision-making and evaluation
respect for the individuality and uniqueness of young children and their families
- an appreciation of the value and importance of supportive and responsible relationships with young children.