Experience Online Year 10 Food Technology Recharged without having to leave your computer screen. We’ve put together a live recording of the course so you feel like you’re in the room.
Enjoy the experience of being at the course from the comfort of your own home or workplace. You receive all the live videos, resources, PowerPoint slides and everything you need to teach Year 10 Food Technology Fun in an engaging way.
Year 10 Food Technology Recharged has been designed to assist teachers in updating their content knowledge in an engaging manner. Current information on food trends will be covered in a vast variety of ways so that attendants may participate in a fun informative session. Year 10 Food Technology provides students with a clear understanding of food service and catering, food for special needs, food for special occasions and this course is designed to assist teachers to present this content in a fun and contemporary way.
As a university lecturer and teacher of this subject I can provide you with some tips and strategies to push your students to the next level covering the following topics:
- Food service and catering
- Food for special needs
- Food for special occasions
- Food trends
Walk away with resources, ideas and strategies to teach Food Technology to students of all learning abilities.
50+ resources to use in the classroom
- 62 page Year 10 Food Technology Recharged Booklet
- 52 page Year 10 Food Technology Recharged Assessment Book
- Food Service and Catering Food Truck Assessment Task
- Food for Special Needs Supersize vs SuperSkinny Assessment Task
- Food for Special Occasions Channel V Assessment Task
- Task Food Trends Instagram Worthy Assessment
- Best and worst experiences homework and team task
- Out of this world activity
- Consumer rights activity and worksheet
- Dining Detective extension task and sheet
- Key quest activity
- Kahoot food for special needs
- Weird food festivals Sheet
- Food Timeline activity
- Star reasons for celebrating activity
- Food trend comparison task
- Conflict Resolution Values Task
- Revision Jenga Game
- Plus video links for most activities
This course is designed around the Food Technology syllabus (2003).
This course is fantastic for teachers who are teaching Year 10 Food Technology who wish to enhance their strategies, content knowledge and resources. The syllabus change begins in 2020 for Year 9, so you may still use these resources for year 10 in 2020. Refresh your current assessment tasks or add some of our worksheets, ideas and class suggestions to spruce up your Year 10 Food Technology course.
Complete this course at your own pace. Upon completion of this course, you will receive 4.0 professional development hours. You have to view all module videos and resources to complete the course.
$249 + GST
Completing Online Year 10 Food Technology Recharged will contribute 4 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 2.1.2 and 6.2.2, from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Session 1 – FOOD SERVICE AND CATERING
• ACCC Food product analysis
• Plating phases
• Rights and responsibilities. Link to Australian Food Industry (HSC Course)
Session 2 – FOOD FOR SPECIAL NEEDS
• Food for special needs Prezi and Kahootz.
• Concentric Circles
• Grandma Grace. Link to Contemporary Nutrition Issues (HSC Course)
Session 3- FOOD FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS
• Role and significance of food history
• Celebrate good times… prac planning team activity.
• Planning for events assessment task. Link to Food Quality (Preliminary Course)
Session 4 – FOOD TRENDS
• Food Trends
• We eat with our eyes, assessment link
• Media and marketing. Link to Food Product Development (HSC course)
- Lessons 51
- Quizzes 0
- Students 34
- Reviews 0
- Duration 4 hours
- Certificate No
Online Year 10 Food Technology
- Food Services & Catering
- Food for Special Need
- Food for Special Occasion
- Food Trends