Experience Year 9 Food Technology Fun without having to leave your computer screen. We’ve put together a live recording of the course so you feel like you’re in the room. Enjoy the experience of being at the course from the comfort of your own home or workplace. You receive all the live videos, resources, PowerPoint slides and everything you need to teach Year 9 Food Technology Fun in an engaging way.
Year 9 Food Technology Fun has been designed to assist teachers in updating their content knowledge in an engaging manner. Current food issues in Australia will be covered in a vast variety of ways so that attendants may participate in a fun informative session. Year 9 Food Technology provides students with a clear understanding of food equity, food product development, processing, preparation and their interrelationships, nutritional considerations and consumption patterns and this course is designed to assist teachers to present this content in a fun and contemporary way. As a university lecturer and teacher of this subject I can provide you with some tips and strategies to push your students to the next level covering the following topics:
- Food in Australia
- Food equity
- Food product development
- Food selection and health
60+ resources to use in the classroom
- 70 page work booklet
- Food in Australia assessment task
- Food Equity assessment task with supporting videos
- Food Product Development assessment task and scaffold
- Food Selection and Health assessment task and scaffold
- Australian cuisine literacy task
- Influential cultures expert task
- My Kitchen Rules persuasive text and numeracy
- Food Product Development PowerPoint and influence worksheet
- Three C’s Food Equity comparison task
- Digestion extended response
- Fusion food recipe ideas
This course is fantastic for teachers who are teaching Year 9 Food Technology who wish to enhance their strategies, content knowledge and resources. This course is designed around the Food Technology syllabus (2003).
Complete this course at your own pace. Upon completion of this course, you will receive 5.0 professional development hours. You have to view all module videos and resources to complete the course.
$249 + GST Completing Online Year 9 Food Technology Fun will contribute 5 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 2.1.2 and 6.2.2, from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Sessions: Session 1 – FOOD IN AUSTRALIA
- Evolution of Australian Cuisine
- Ideas for literacy and numeracy
- Australian Cuisine Culture: a history of our food.
Session 2 – FOOD EQUITY
- Food Equity Infograph and ideas for uses.
- Compare and Contrast extended response scaffold.
- Everything equity
Session 3 – FOOD PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- Food Product Development and its impact on society.
- Impact Burger
- Rate my impact
- Promotion of Vegemite.
- Exploration of new food products
Session 4 – FOOD SELECTION AND HEALTH
- Process of digestion
- Acronyms, practicals and homework.
- Making sense of what you can eat during the lifecycle
- Revision game
- Lessons 30
- Quizzes 0
- Students 48
- Reviews 0
- Duration 5 hours
- Certificate No