Experience Technology Mandatory – Agriculture and Food Technologies without having to leave your computer screen. We’ve put together a live recording of the course so you feel like you’re in the room.
Enjoy the experience of being at the course from the comfort of your own home or workplace. You receive live videos, resources, PowerPoint slides and everything you need to teach Technology Mandatory – Agriculture and Food Technologies in an engaging way.
The new Technology Mandatory syllabus has been released ready for implementation in 2019. This course has been designed to provide some potential planning resources and ideas for its introduction. The new Syllabus indicates 4 context areas, Digital Technologies, Agriculture and Food Technologies, Engineered Systems and Material Technologies. This course will consider a potential scope and sequence to meet the indicative hours as well as an investigation of the new objectives.
The focus of this course is entirely based on Agriculture and Food Technologies and planning to incorporate the general capabilities. We will also explore the cross-curriculum perspectives and other areas identified as important learning for all students. Topics such as food and fibre production, nutritional needs, sustainable production of food, sensory properties of foods and safe and ethical work practices will be covered to assist teachers to present this content in a fun and contemporary way.
Walk away with:
- Annotated Syllabus
- Unpack It – 40 page Teacher handbook
- 79 page PowerPoint presentation of the course
Year 7 – Grow & Thrive
- Year 7 Grow and Thrive unit of work
- Grow and Thrive – 27 page student workbook
- Year 7 assessment task and marking criteria
- Grow & Thrive Design Brief
- Grow & Thrive Design Folio
Year 8 – Fantastic Food
- Year 8 Fantastic Food unit of work
- Fantastic Food – 22 page student workbook
- Fantastic Food – 17 page recipe workbook
- Fantastic Food assessment task and marking criteria
All to teach Agriculture and Food Technologies for the Stage 4 New Technology Mandatory Syllabus.
This course is fantastic for teachers who are teaching Technology Mandatory from the New Syllabus who wish to enhance their strategies, content knowledge and resources.
Complete this course at your own pace. Upon completion of this course, you will receive 5.0 professional development hours. You have to view all module videos and resources to complete the course.
$279 + GST
Completing Technology Mandatory – Agriculture and Food Technologies will contribute 5 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 2.1.2 and 6.2.2, from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
2.1.2 Proficient Level – Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities.
6.2.2 Proficient Level – Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice, targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.
As a university lecturer and experienced teacher I can provide you with some tips and strategies to engage your students in studying the new syllabus in the following sessions:
Session 1 – Unpack It
- Assessing the suggested placement of syllabus outcomes and dot points
- Examine the general capabilities and how they can be included
- Deconstruct the requirements of the key terms used in the syllabus
Session 2 – Grow and Thrive (meeting the following outcomes)
- Importance of food and fibre production to Australia’s food security and economy including imports and exports from Asia
- Evaluate environments that have been designed in consultation with community groups
- Select, justify and use a range of appropriate tools and techniques in an agricultural project and/or food preparation
- Investigate how food and fibre production is managed in environments as a system and how sustainability can be improved
- Research legal and ethical requirements associated with agricultural production
Session 2 – Fantastic Food
- Identify and apply safe and ethical work practices
- Explore the nutritional needs of a group of people
- Investigate and communicate how a recipe can be improved to enhance nutritional value, and justify the recipe adjustment
- Investigate the characteristics and properties of a variety of nutritious foods
- Explains how people in technology related professions contribute to society now and into the future
Please be advised: This is a live recording of the course, we have taken precautions to try and provide quality audio and video. However, please be mindful there may be areas of this course where the audio needs to be adjusted.
- Lessons 28
- Quizzes 0
- Students 71
- Reviews 0
- Duration 5 hours
- Certificate No