Year 9 Food Technology Fun has been designed to assist teachers in updating their content knowledge in an engaging manner. Current food issues in Australia will be covered in a vast variety of ways so that attendants may participate in a fun informative session. Year 9 Food Technology provides students with a clear understanding of food equity, food product development, processing, preparation and their interrelationships, nutritional considerations and consumption patterns and this course is designed to assist teachers to present this content in a fun and contemporary way.
As a university lecturer and teacher of this subject I can provide you with some tips
and strategies to push your students to the next level covering the following topics:
- Food in Australia
- Food equity
- Food product development
- Food selection and health
Session 1 – FOOD IN AUSTRALIA
- Evolution of Australian Cuisine
- Ideas for literacy and numeracy
- Australian Cuisine Culture: a history of our food.
Session 2 – FOOD EQUITY
- Food Equity Infograph and ideas for uses.
- Compare and Contrast extended response scaffold.
- Everything equity
Session 3 – FOOD PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- Food Product Development and its impact on society.
- Impact Burger
- Rate my impact
- Promotion of Vegemite.
- Exploration of new food products
Session 4 – FOOD SELECTION AND HEALTH
- Process of digestion
- Acronyms, practicals and homework.
- Making sense of what you can eat during the lifecycle
- Revision game
- Lessons 23
- Quizzes 0
- Students 139
- Reviews 0
- Duration 6 hours
- Certificate No