This course page is for people who have attended Hospitality at Your Service or purchased a licence to Hospitality at Your Service.
This page will give you access to the resources from the ‘course content’ tab below.
Participants will have the opportunity to turn good practice into better practice. The day will focus around the mandatory cluster of competencies – Working in the hospitality industry and workplace; where you will see a variety of teaching and learning strategies addressed to engage and encourage student success in the classroom.
Teachers will have the opportunity to link with industry through the demonstration of some of the latest culinary techniques, trends in plating and food photography.
Session 1 – HSC SUPPORT
- HSC Examination requirements
- HSC data analysis
- Resource kit
- Collaboration exercise to preparing students for the HSC
Session 2 – BSBWOR203 WORK EFFECTIVELY WITH OTHERS
- Unit of competency details – Organisational standards, policies and procedures, team duties and responsibilities and conflict resolution techniques.
- Teaching and learning strategies that will motivate your students
Session 3 – Industry Links
- Be prepared to be wowed by hospitality industry experts of a demonstration of some of the latest culinary techniques, plating and food photography.
- Discussion around the latest food trends and an insight to what it is like to work in the hospitality industry.
Session 4 – SITHIND002 SOURCE AND USE INFORMATION ON THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY
- Unit of competency details
- Current and emerging technologies
- Aspects of state, territory and commonwealth laws
- Structure of industry and different sectors
- Sources of information
- Teaching and learning strategies to engage student participation.