Welcome to Masterclass: Designing for Sustainability!
- Discuss the fundamentals of successfully designing for sustainability.
- Understand how to apply the four different thinking skills (for science & technology) during the design process.
- Learn how the development of design and production skills support the development of sustainable and innovative solutions.
- Explore smart design frameworks to support student creativity, and product functionality and usability.
- Review success criteria to identifying and defining design idea
- Explore how an engineered system ‘smart product’ can improve the livability of a physical environment.
- Review success criteria for generating and communicating design ideas.
- Learn about the role of sensors in smart products and their increasing use in supporting future-focussed communities.
- Investigate properties of materials to determine their suitability for sustainable design solutions.
- Learn how to develop, record and communicate design solutions using technical terms and correct layout.
- Learn how digital systems connect together to form networks and transmit data.
- Investigate the fundamentals of cloud computing.
- Review data security and protocols for designing smart products.
- Understand how to develop a data story to communicate with your user(s).
- Review success criteria for planning and prototyping sustainable design solutions.
- Create a paper prototype of a user interface using a wireframe method.
- Understand collaborating strategies to support the design process.
- Review success criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of a design solution.
- Learn how to best showcase your design solutions to justify how your product meets the sustainable need or opportunity as identified.
- Apply an ethical understanding of working with others and sharing your ideas with different audiences.