This online course will provide you with explicit teaching and learning strategies to guide your students to effectively and appropriately gather quality evidence of competence. Participants will receive information on how to simulate quality evidence using the four rules (validity, authenticity, sufficiency and currency) in the classroom, this includes both forms of evidence (video and photographic). You will be provided with mapping documentation for all portfolio areas, in addition to a sample portfolio of photographic evidence with annotations and video scripts and checklists to set students up for success.
Resources from this training:
- Portfolio resources to support trainers and students – Video scripts, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), student and peer checklists linked to training package, Standard Recipe Cards (SRCs) for both training packages, sample portfolio and videos just to name a few.
- Portfolio quick reference sheets mapped to performance and knowledge evidence and how this can be demonstrated as video or photographic evidence.
- Time saving strategies with the application of a variety of technology cheat sheets.
- Explicit instructions in how to carry out quality simulated learning activities.
- Toolbox tips sessions around some of the latest products in the hospitality industry.
Sample resources for the following units of competency:
- SITHCCC005 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- SITHCCC006 Prepare appetisers and salads
- SITHFAB05 Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITHFAB004 Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
- SITHFAB007 Serve food and beverages
If you are currently delivering Certificate II in Kitchen Operations SIT20416 OR Certificate II in Hospitality SIT20316 this course is for you.
$279 + GST
Completing Hospitality – Perfecting Portfolios will contribute 4 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 2.1.2 and 6.2.2, from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
2.1.2 Proficient Level – Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities.
6.2.2 Proficient Level – Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice, targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.
This will also contribute to your industry currency to maintain your qualifications and can be utilised in setting goals in your Performance Development Plan (PDP).