This Hospitality session will encompass a variety of engaging teaching and learning strategies for the following units of competency:
- Use hygienic practices for food safety (SITXFSA001) [Mandatory unit]
- Participate in safe food handling practices. (SITXFSA002) [Focus area]
Resources from this training –
- Units of work/program for each competency listed above with explicit teaching and learning strategies. Linked with Training package and NESA requirements.
- 2 x Student workbooks.
- Includes approximately 50 resources – course notes, study cards, games, videos, recipes and PowerPoints.
Session: Keep Food Safe
Teaching and learning activities based around the following units of competency details:
- Organisational food safety programs.
- Hygiene and food safety procedures.
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) practices.
- Reporting hygiene hazards and non-compliant organisational practices accurately.
- Handling food safely during: storage, preparation, display, service and disposal of food.
- Food safety program procedures.
Please be advised: This is a live recording of the course, we have taken precautions to try and provide quality audio and video. However, please be mindful there may be areas of this course where the audio needs to be adjusted.
*NOTE – this is a division of the face to face course: Safe, Successful Service.