This Hospitality session will encompass a variety of engaging teaching and learning strategies for the following units of competency:
- CORE – SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
- FOCUS AREA – SITHFAB007 Serve food and beverage
If you are currently delivering Certificate II in Hospitality SIT20316 this course is for you.
Resources from this training –
- Units of work/program for each competency listed above with explicit teaching and learning strategies. Linked with Training package and NESA requirements.
- Student workbook and activity sheets.
- Posters linked with QR Codes to videos
- Includes over 70 resources, e.g. course notes, smart device applications, games, videos and PowerPoints just to name a few.
Session Three: Successful Service in a Safe Workplace
Lesson 1: SITHFAB007 Serve food and beverage (40 indicative hours)
Teaching and learning activities based around the following unit of competency details –
- Prepare for food and beverage service.
- Welcoming and advising customers.
- Order taking and processing orders.
- Serving food and drinks.
- Clearing food and drinks.
- Complete end of shift duties.
Lesson 2: CORE – SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices (15 indicative hours)
- Teaching and learning strategies around the following unit of competency details:
- How to work safely in industry.
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for smooth running of restaurant areas from front of house and back of house, in addition to emergency situations.
- How to participate in organisational WHS practices
Please be advised: This is a live recording of the course, we have taken precautions to try and provide quality audio and video. However, please be mindful there may be areas of this course where the audio needs to be adjusted.
*NOTE – this is a division of the face to face course: Safe, Successful Service.