This Hospitality session will encompass a variety of engaging teaching and learning strategies for the following units of competency:
- CORE – SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
- FOCUS AREA – SITHCCC005 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
Resources from this training –
- Units of work/program for each competency listed above with explicit teaching and learning strategies. Linked with Training package and NESA requirements.
- Student workbook and activity sheets.
- Posters linked with QR Codes to videos
- Includes over 70 resources, e.g. course notes, smart device applications, games, videos and PowerPoints just to name a few.
Session: Lets Cook in a Safe Workplace
SITHCCC005 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery (40 indicative hours)
Teaching and learning activities based around the following unit of competency details:
- Selecting ingredients.
- Select, prepare and use appropriate equipment.
- Portion and prepare ingredients.
- Cook dishes.
- Present and store dishes appropriately.
CORE – SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices (15 indicative hours)
Teaching and learning strategies around the following unit of competency details:
- Working safely in industry.
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for emergency situations.
- Participate in organisational WHS practices
Please be advised: This is a live recording of the course, we have taken precautions to try and provide quality audio and video. However, please be mindful there may be areas of this course where the audio needs to be adjusted.
*NOTE – this is a division of the face to face course: Safe, Successful Service.