Welcome to Online HSC Design & Technology – Stage 6 Success
Click the ‘Course Content’ tab to display the heading ‘Welcome and Resources’ and click ‘Welcome’ to get started.
You can log back in and watch the videos or download the resources at any time.
If you have any questions or need any assistance throughout the course, you can email us at [email protected] call us on 02 4023 4879 during office hours, Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00 pm.
Session 1 – Major Design Project
- Participants will gain insight on strategies to assist their students in choosing a successful Major Design Project. Each phase of the portfolio will be discussed as well as some tips and tricks for setting up your MDP for marking.
Session 2 – Innovation Case Study
- This session will break down the case study which asks students to critically analyse an innovation. Participants will be given strategies to use to assist students to conduct a detailed case study of an innovation.
- We will also spend some time looking at entrepreneurial activity.
Session 3 – Examination Tips and Tricks
- Participants will learn ways to specifically teach the verbs.
- Participants will learn how to use the syllabus not only in their planning but also in their lessons.
- Participants will discuss the topics of Ethical and Environmental Issues as well as Emerging Technologies and given strategies to teach these explicitly.
- Online tools for revision will also be discussed.
Session 4 – Scope and Sequence and Assessment Options
- Participants will discuss the best way to structure assessments in the HSC course.
- Participants will be given various samples to assist students with keeping up to date with their MDP and exam revision.
- Possible videos, apps and online tools will be discussed in this session.