This course provides you with a 12-tool system you can use to pick the right teaching tool, discover how your students really learn, and be certain your training will reach every learner. You will also learn how to engage and teach learning styles different from you to help students reach their full potential.
Anyone who wants to understand how people learn and who want to enhance teaching techniques to present captivating and engaging lessons.
Walk Away With
- 39-page learner workbook
- 5-step model that unravels the mystery of how people learn
- An instrument to determine your learning style
- Practical tools to effectively engage and teach all of the other styles
$99 + GST
Complete this course at your own pace. Upon completion of this course, you will receive 2.0 professional development hours. You have to view all module videos and resources to complete the course. To complete this course, make sure you click ‘Mark Complete’ once you have finished a lesson. This will ensure you have completed the course to receive your certificate.
6.2.2 Proficient Level – Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice, targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.
Session 1 – DISCOVER HOW ADULTS LEARN
- A simple 5-step model that unravels the mystery of how people learn, and how you can apply this theory to easily reach every learner you work with.
- The crucial components of each learning style, and why you absolutely MUST know them to successfully reach every learner.
- Why most people are only able to teach others using their own learning style, and how to be sure you aren’t missing the other 75% of learners in your classroom.
- How adults learn differently than children and the reason why that difference will change your entire approach to teaching.
Session 2 – THE TWELEVE TEACHING TOOLS
- The secret to discovering what students REALLY want to know about your material without them even knowing you did it.
- How to use the “Big Picture” technique: A simple tool that demonstrates to students why current subject matter is so important because of how it fits in with what is to come.
- The REAL keys to successfully “break the ice” in your classroom including the things you must avoid to do it well.
- The #1 reason people dread group work, and an EASY method to turn the table and get them to enjoy it
- A proven method for HOOKING your students that makes them think your class has been tailored to THEIR needs.
- An easy, effective method called “Application Questions” for KEEPING students engaged and participating.
- A simple “directional method” to get EVERYONE in the room following along simultaneously without ever getting lost.
- 3 ways to make your teaching CAPTIVATING so they can’t wait to hear what you have to say next