This course helps you learn to write Python programs that can be used on Linux, Mac, and Unix operating systems.
What you will learn:
- When to use Python 2 and Python 3 and how to install and run Python on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Suggested text editors and integrated development environments to use when coding in Python.
- How to work with various data types including strings, lists, tuples, dictionaries, booleans, and more.
- What variables are and when to use them.
- How to perform mathematical operations using Python.
- How to capture input from a user and ways to control and organise the flow of your programs.
- The importance of white space in Python.
- What modules are, when you should use them, and how to create your own.
- Use and define important Python functions that you’ll use often.
- How to read from and write to files and the difference between binary and text files.
Anyone interested in Python programming, Python scripting, or computer programming in general.
$29 + GST
Complete this course at your own pace. Upon completion of this course, you will receive 3 professional development hours. You have to view all module videos and resources to complete the course. To complete this course, make sure you click ‘Mark Complete’ once you have finished a lesson. This will ensure you have completed the course to receive your certificate.
6.2.2 Proficient Level – Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice, targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.