Welcome to Smart Design & Sustainability: A Guide to Creating Products for STEM
Please click on the ‘Course Content’ tab above to display the course Modules.
Click ‘Welcome‘ and ‘Welcome to Smart Design & Sustainability: A Guide to Creating Products for STEM‘ to get started.
- Discuss the what and why of smart technology (IoT) and innovation in society.
- Examine how easily IoT products link to the new Science and
- Technology Syllabus and the Technology Mandatory (Stage 4) Syllabus
- Refresh thinking skills (design thinking, systems thinking and computational thinking) required for IoT systems.
- What are the considerations when designing IoT products? Explore the principles of good design for sustainability.
- Explore a Smart IoT student-friendly framework to support creativity, functionality and usability.
- Apply fun design strategies to support and incorporate learning across the curriculum content.
- Learn about the characteristics of materials and sensors when designing.
- Based on aspects of design thinking and design and production
processes you will;
- Identify an IoT system and its components
- Assess how to safely store, represent and analyse information (data) for IoT
- Learn how to create an IoT prototype.
- Collaborate and develop an IoT concept.
- Showcase your IoT concept and justify how your product meets the need or opportunity as identified.
- Develop strategies for evaluating innovative IoT designs.