Thank you for attending Technology Mandatory – Engineered Systems
Click on the ‘Course Content’ tab to access files. There you will find a digital copy of all the resources you received on the day.
Session 1 – Identify and define design problems/opportunities
- Review how technologies evolve and the role of engineering design.
- Apply design principles and processes to investigate needs and opportunities
- Evaluate how different constraints, eg: cultural, economic, sustainability, ect impact on design solutions.
Session 2 – Researching and planning a design solutions
- Investigate how force, motion and energy operate within engineered systems to optimise design solutions.
- Ideate using design thinking techniques to develop students critical and creative thinking skills.
- Explore how sketching, modelling and CAD are used in engineering design to communicate design solutions.
Session 3 – Producing and Implementing prototypes
- Apply engineering principles – including electrical circuits/microcontroller elements* – to produce a prototype. *Option for integrating unit with digital technologies.
- Build your prototype, to take back to the classroom
Session 4 – Testing and evaluating designs
- Develop effective experiments and testing procedures to evaluate engineered systems.
- Assess and give feedback relevant to design criteria to justify suitability of design.