This course page allows you access to Technology Mandatory – Material Technologies – Textiles Focus Resources.
Click on the ‘Course Content’ tab to access files. There you will find a digital copy of all the resources you received on the day.
Session 1 – MEETING NEW SYLLABUS OUTCOMES
- Scope and Sequence changes
- Incorporating general capabilities into units of work.
- Programming with a future focus for Textiles engagement.
Session 2 – COMMUNICATE THE DEVELOPMENT OF DESIGN IDEAS
- Introduction to a possible design brief idea and sharing resources and ideas that support this.
- Assisting students to show their design ideas with the use of appropriate technical terms and metalanguage through worksheets and scaffolds.
- Supporting students to show their design thinking skills in the production of a textile project.
Session 3 – SOLUTIONS TO DESIGN BRIEF SUGGESTIONS
- Supporting the investigation of products for the individual/community considering ethical and social factors.
- Discover production processes in a variety of textile projects.
- Explore design project samples and consider the use of these solutions in your own school.
Session 4 – ASSESSING TEXTILE PROJECTS WITH DIFFERENTIATION STRATEGIES
- Aiding students to understand the characteristics and properties of textiles materials.
- Group assessment of designed solutions.
- Understanding the marking criteria for the textiles solutions and supporting students to succeed.