This Policy sets out how we process any data we collect from you, or that you provide to us. We will only collect, use or disclose personal information in accordance with the relevant legislation and this Policy.
We have developed this Policy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principals. The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information. A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au.
Notification of changes to this Policy
We are continually improving and adding new functionality and features to this website, as well as improving and adding to our existing services. Because of these ongoing changes, potential changes in legislation and the changing nature of technology, our data practices may change from time to time. If and when our data usage practices change, we will (as soon as practicable) post the changes on this page to notify you of the changes. We encourage you to check this page frequently.
Information TPD Collects and Holds
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. TPD collects and stores Personal Information provided by you, including:
- Your first name
- Your surname
- Your mobile
- Your email address
- Your school information
- Your billing and delivery address
- Your ABN (if applicable)
- Credit card details and/or other payment methods (if applicable), and
- Other details as required to successfully complete your order or transaction
Storage and Security of Your Personal Information
The Personal Information collected by us may be stored electronically in our electronic databases or on our cloud-based systems or servers. Your personal information may also be processed by our staff, expressly for the purposes outlined in this Policy. TPD has security measures in place to attempt to protect against loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. All the information you provide to us is stored on secure servers which have stringent access controls in place.
How we Use Your Personal Information
TPD may use your Personal Information for the purposes for which it was collected. This includes:
- To create your online account with TPD
- To identify you in connection with your account activity
- To facilitate purchases, bookings and transactions made by you through our website
- To contact you in case of any changes to your bookings or product purchases
- To facilitate delivery of your purchases, and
- Other purposes to deliver and improve your experience with TPD
Disclosure of your Personal Information
We do not share, sell or distribute your personal information with unrelated third parties, except under these limited circumstances:
- Personal data may occasionally be transferred to third parties who act for us for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented.
- When you enrol in a face-to-face course, limited identifying personal information may be shared with the presenters and trainers running the course.
- We may share or transfer the information in our databases to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of a sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event.
Your Rights and Options
All Personal Information regarding individuals is provided by the individual themselves. As such, you have control over what Personal Information we hold, as well as the ability to manage it.
You can view, update and correct any Personal Information you’ve provided about yourself by visiting the authenticated ‘Accounts Dashboard’ page on our website.
You have the right to ‘opt-out’ of having an account with TPD and of us holding your Personal Information at any time. If you wish to do this, email [email protected] to discuss this with us.
We take your privacy seriously. If you feel we have interfered with or breached your privacy, you have a right to complain about our handling of your Personal Information. You can lodge a complaint to us, in writing, at [email protected] , marking it ‘sensitive’.