Your students will love creating artwork based on the unique animals of Africa with this pack of four lessons covering drawing, sculpture, printmaking, and mixed media. If you are studying Africa or animals, or you are just after a pack of art lessons that cover a range of techniques, this set of lessons will be ideal.
The pack contains a PDF slideshow which leads students through the lesson step-by-step and can be displayed on a screen. Plus, there is a student handout version that can be printed. Lessons include the elements of art and principles of design used in each project.
Visual step-by-step instructions are included so even if you’re not confident teaching art, students will be able to create something they can be proud of. You can either use the slideshow to outline the process, or print copies of the student handouts for each table (or display them in plastic stands if you have them), for students to follow the instructions themselves.
You could set the activities up as stations for students to rotate around, or do one activity per day as a whole class.
What’s included in the zip file?
- PDF slideshow for each lesson
- Student handouts and notes for the teacher
- Make a statement about environmental issues mixed media
- Elephant sculpture (although the skills can be applied to any animal)
- Animal print (options for one color or two colors)
- Animal face oil pastel drawing
- Self-reflection form
- Artist statement template (2 versions)
- Photos of African animals in color and black and white (black and white photos make it easy for students to notice dark and light areas)
What materials are used:
- Air-drying clay
- Cartridge paper A4-A3 size, black paper
- Oil pastels
- Black marker, pencils
- Acrylic paint
- Recycled materials such as corrugated cardboard, bubble wrap, newspaper
- Printing ink or paint, brayer (roller), craft foam
- Glue sticks, scissors
I hope your students enjoy creating art inspired by African animals and feel super proud of what they make!
There are no reviews yet.