Get your students making and creating beautiful art inspired by Spain with this pack of 5 hands-on activities including a Picasso collage, Sagrada Familia sculpture, Spanish tiles, Spanish bowls, and Joan Miro drawing. Spain has many famous artists and beautiful handcrafts, which make it the ideal inspiration for students to create their own artworks.
Visual step-by-step instructions are included so even if you’re not confident teaching art, students will be able to create something they can be proud of. You can either use these to outline the process, or the easiest option is to print copies for each table (or display them in plastic stands if you have them), or display them on a screen for students to follow the instructions themselves. You could set these up as stations for students to rotate around, or do one activity per day.
- Miro-style art
- Picasso-style collage
- Spanish bowl
- Spanish tile
- Model of Sagrada Familia cathedral
- Student instructions and notes for the teacher
- PDF slideshow version of instructions
- Self-reflection to go in student’s journals/art books
- Artist’s statement
What materials are used:
- Air-drying clay
- Rolling pins (stainless steel drink bottles work well)
- Cutting tools and wooden skewers or similar, for shaping
- Coloured markers, black marker, and pencils
- Paints and brushes
- Coloured paper and cartridge paper A5 and A4 size
- Scissors and glue sticks
I hope your students enjoy creating Spanish-inspired art and feel super proud of what they make!
There are no reviews yet.