This pack of activities on ancient Aztec history with over 90 pages includes wall posters, research organisers, interesting activities, word wall cards, and more.
Your students will love learning about the Aztec empire. There is everything from incredible ruins that still exist, fierce warriors, clever methods of farming, pictorial symbols for writing, an impressive empire, human sacrifice, and a belief that their world was going to end very soon!
There’s a lot to get your students hooked on history.
There are colourful wall posters and word walls, introductory PowerPoint slides to get the children thinking about how historians find meaning in artifacts, focus question cards with easy to read information on the back (or you could use the focus questions and students research the answers), exit tickets and assessment tasks, and helpful booklists and websites for your class to use.
- Teacher guide with learning objectives, teaching points, and a sample lesson plan
- Exit tickets
- Useful books
- Useful websites
- Archaeological Dig Record Book – exploratory activities to find out what different artifacts and structures were.
- Timeline of events in Aztec history activity (individual and partner versions)
- Causes and consequences of the fall of the Aztec empire sorting activity (individual and partner versions)
- Comparison activities – Aztec life and my life, Would you rather…? (for a station or handout)
- Codex symbols (for a station or handout)
- Achievements cut and paste activity (for a station or handout)
- Student-choice research organizer reporter-style (for a station or handout)
- Primary source analysis (for a station or handout)
- 12 Focus question and information cards covering an overview of the Aztecs, Tenochtitlan, Aztec beliefs, the Aztec empire, farming, food, arts and crafts, warriors, society, Aztec writing, markets, and the Aztec calendar.
- Introduction slideshow – covers how archaeologists and historians learn about ancient history, including primary and secondary sources
- 16 wall posters of photos showing artefacts, art, ruins and significant symbols
- 18 word wall cards covering all the key topic words
I hope you enjoy using these activities with your children, as much as I enjoyed making them!
There are no reviews yet.