Full day hands on workshop! Learn how to make a buttercream frosted 6” double barrel chocolate mud cake, with vanilla bean buttercream, macarons and fresh flowers.
- How to cut a cake to ensure it is level
- How to make, flavour and colour buttercream
- How to stack a cake with buttercream layers
- How to create a semi-naked outer buttercream finish with textured lip on top of cake (Sharp edges optional if desired and time permitting)
- How to add coloured buttercream to outer finish and scrape for a splashed effect, multiple colours to choose from.
- How to paint buttercream with rose spirit and gold lustre dust to create marble effect
- How to safely prepare fresh flowers and arrange them on a cake
- How to place macarons on cake
Walk away with
Take home a 6” double barrelled chocolate mud-cake with vanilla bean buttercream layers and fresh flowers arranged on cake.
Have a beautiful cake to take home for the weekend!
Additional course content: the late night baker ‘tips and tricks’ during the workshop along with 1 x basic cake recipe and 1 x buttercream recipe per person to take home.
As a bonus, The Essential Ingredient will give each participant a 10% off voucher to use in store on the day.
All ingredients, flowers, macarons, tools/equipment and cake box supplied.
What to bring
– Wear closed in shoes
– All long hair to be tied back
Great for early childhood, primary or secondary teachers who would like to master their baking and cake decorating skills. Fantastic for beginners, or individuals wishing to improve their cooking repertoire.
Face to Face – Individual
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
This course contributes to 5.0 professional development hours.
$339 + GST (Includes morning tea and lunch)
Completing Cake Decorating Workshop with the late night baker will contribute 5 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 6.2.2, from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Teaching Standards 6.2.2 Proficient Level – Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice, targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.
By enrolling in a Teacher Professional Development course you are confirming you have financial approval to attend the event. To view terms and conditions click Here