This is activity incorporates gamification and higher order thinking for your students!
This activity has 3 steps:
- Students explore emerging technologies within the AFI through a PowerPoint with video links.
- Students play the emerging technology risks and benefits game where they must identify potential risks and benefits for the emerging technology studied in Step 3. The emerging technology posters will be displayed around the room and students must attach the risks and benefits to the emerging technology they think best fit.
- Allows for students to conduct individual research on other emerging technology and identify and discuss risks and benefits associated with their findings on the worksheet included in this resource pack.
- 1 x Emerging Technologies PowerPoint Presentation
- 1 x Teacher instructions page
- 6 x A4 Emerging Technologies Posters
- 24 x Risk and Benefit Cards
- 1 x Teacher answer sheet for the match up game
- 1 x Student worksheet
Stage 6 Food Technology 2009. This activity meets the outcome from the NSW Food Technology Stage 6 Syllabus. H1.2: examines the nature and extent of the Australian Food Industry. It specifically relates to the emerging technology section of the syllabus.
This activity was created to directly meet outcome:
H1.2: examines the nature and extent of the Australian Food Industry.
Resource Type: Activity, Game and Outcome Task
Physical Product: Colour printed and laminated products, PowerPoint, Paper worksheets.
Digital File Type: Zip PowerPoint
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional pack.
Please be aware that any company content, resources and materials purchased from Teacher Professional Development is permitted to one (1) user licence.
Teacher Professional Development own and maintain the intellectual property rights to their Resources and grant licenses to use such Resources and materials. When you purchase a Resource from TPD, you are also purchasing a license to use the Resource in accordance with the terms of this Resource Licensing Policy.
All other uses are prohibited without written consent. It is in violation of the Copyright Act to share, reproduce, redistribute, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, license, or otherwise transfer or use any company course content unless we give you explicit permission to do so. Company course content is licenced, and not sold, to you. Instructors may not grant you licence rights to content you access or acquire through the services, and any such direct licence shall be null and void and a violation of these Terms. You may not post or otherwise make any TPD Resource available on any website, forum or other medium.