Use these posters as visual cues to help students understand target markets.
Assist students in understanding target markets and the different market segments associated with marketing a food product.
Display these posters around in the food technology classroom as a reflective tool for students when learning about food product development.
Use these posters with the accompanying worksheet to help students strengthen their understanding of target markets.
The pack includes a range of target market segment acronyms to help students remember them. There is also a group task that uses collaboration and critical and creative thinking to engage students on a deeper level. This resource and activity can be differentiated at the teachers discretion.
Please note that the acronyms covered are some common market segment acronyms however there are a vast number of acronyms used to describe different market segments.
- 12 x A4 posters outlining the steps in food product development
- 9-page student worksheet with a collaborative activity
H1.3 justifies processes of food product development and manufacture in terms of market, technological and environmental considerations
Students Learn About:
Steps in food product development
- design brief based on project aims and development criteria:
- idea generation and screening
- market research
- product specifications
- feasibility study
- production process development
- development of a prototype
- testing product prototype, eg sensory evaluation, consumer testing, packaging tests, storage trials
- product planning
- price structure
- place and distribution system
- promotional program
- examines the relationship between food, technology and society FT5-12
- outline the role of market research in food product development, for example:
- identifying needs
- economic viability
- consumer feedback
- explore marketing considerations for new food products, for example:
- price, eg a higher price than competitors to imply quality
- promotion, eg TV advertising or social media campaign
- target market, eg adolescents, food for families
Digital File Type: PDF (Acrobat) Document File, Word Doc.
Physical Pack: 12 x A4 colour laminated posters. Worksheet and instructions provided as digital format.
Resource Type: Posters, Outcome Task, Activity.
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional pack.
Please be aware that any company content, resources and materials purchased from Teacher Professional Development is permitted to one (1) user licence.
Teacher Professional Development own and maintain the intellectual property rights to their Resources and grant licenses to use such Resources and materials. When you purchase a Resource from TPD, you are also purchasing a license to use the Resource in accordance with the terms of this Resource Licensing Policy.
All other uses are prohibited without written consent. It is in violation of the Copyright Act to share, reproduce, redistribute, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, license, or otherwise transfer or use any company course content unless we give you explicit permission to do so. Company course content is licenced, and not sold, to you. Instructors may not grant you licence rights to content you access or acquire through the services, and any such direct licence shall be null and void and a violation of these Terms. You may not post or otherwise make any TPD Resource available on any website, forum or other medium.