Help your students examine the functional properties of fabric, yarn and fibre through this extensive task.
Use the student work booklet to guide your students through the functional properties and provide them with real-world examples of textile items made from these materials. Students can explore the materials infographics and describe how the functional properties of fabrics, yarns, and fibres contribute to the performance of textile items in the work booklet.
Functional properties of fabric yarn and fibre can be a tricky topic to teach to students. This work booklet helps you to teach this content in a thorough and easy to understand manner.
- 1 x 12-page Functional Properties of Fabric, Yarn & Fibre Student Work Booklet
- Teacher’s Instructions
- Teacher Suggested Answers
NSW Year 9 and 10 Textiles Technology
Area of study: Properties and Performance of Textiles
Properties of fabrics and fibres
- describe how the functional properties of fabric, yarn and fibre contribute to the performance of textile items, for example: (ACTDEK046)
- durability, absorbency, flammability, elasticity
- resilience, e.g. 5% elastane in woven fabrics used for shirts, jeans
- knitted fabrics will naturally crease less than woven fabrics
View the above on the NESA website here: NSW Year 9 and 10 Textiles Technology
Download limits apply to this resource.