SITHFAB004 Prepare and service non-alcoholic beverages is one of my favourite units to deliver. There are a variety of teaching and learning strategies in this unit to assist your students in achieving competency.
A variety of engaging posters have been developed to increase your students understanding of key terminology. In addition to a range of Standard Recipe Cards for students to prepare and present. A 32-page study guide, which includes a number of engaging tasks has been developed and a few games to spark things up. This resource includes an explicit 14-page teaching and learning program linked to the NESA syllabi and training package and assessment requirements. *Note this program can be easily adapted to other states and territories, not just NSW.
- Unit of work/Program (Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages) (14 pages)
- Study guide (32 pages)
- Preparations methods (brewing, blending, juicing, mixing shaking and plunging)
- 7 major types/styles of non-alcoholic beverages (carbonated, coffees, fruit based, milk based, mocktails, teas and waters).
- Environmental concerns (reducing resources such as water and energy)
- Accurately measuring ingredients.
- Industry links and excursion opportunities
- Games – learning about tea, equipment and utensils used to prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages.
- A variety of YouTube clips
- Standard Recipe Card booklet which includes equipment required and tips in setting up your mise en place for assessment portfolio evidence.
Certificate II Hospitality SIT20316