This Hospitality session will encompass a variety of engaging teaching and learning strategies for the following units of competency:
- CORE – SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
- FOCUS AREA – SITHFAB007 Serve food and beverage
If you are currently delivering Certificate II in Hospitality SIT20316 this course is for you.
*NOTE – this is a division of the face to face course: Safe, Successful Service.
Resources from this training –
- Units of work/program for each competency listed above with explicit teaching and learning strategies. Linked with essential Training package and NESA requirements. (*Note, this program can be easily adapted to other states and territories)
- Student workbook and activity sheets.
- Posters linked with QR Codes to videos
- Includes over 70 resources, e.g. course notes, smart device applications, games, videos and PowerPoints just to name a few.
Session Three: Successful Service in a Safe Workplace
Lesson 1: SITHFAB007 Serve food and beverage (40 indicative hours)
Teaching and learning activities based around the following unit of competency details –
- Prepare for food and beverage service.
- Welcoming and advising customers.
- Order taking and processing orders.
- Serving food and drinks.
- Clearing food and drinks.
- Complete end of shift duties.
Lesson 2: CORE – SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices (15 indicative hours)
- Teaching and learning strategies around the following unit of competency details:
- How to work safely in industry.
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for smooth running of restaurant areas from front of house and back of house, in addition to emergency situations.
- How to participate in organisational WHS practices
Online – 24/7 access to learn at your own pace.
*NOTE – this is a division of the face-to-face course: Safe, Successful Service.
Completing Online Hospitality – Safe, Successful Service Session Three – Successful Service in a Safe Workplace will contribute 2 hours of Elective PD addressing 2.1.2 and 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
2.1.2 Proficient Level – Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities.