Quick Writes Photo Prompts are a brilliant way to have students engage, just sit and write for a sustained time. This set of 17 Quick Writes Photo Prompts has the student looking at a picture prompt and deciding what they would like to write about that day. Will it be informative, persuasive, or imaginative? Students write about the picture without stopping for 10 minutes OR they can use it with the planning graphic organisers that are supplied, and it can be a week of writing. Students can work independently, with a partner or a small group.
* Folder of single images from the Student PowerPoint that can be used for other platforms or task cards.
*Teacher PowerPoint– please ensure that you have the software to open it.
*Student PowerPoint for students to complete.
*A PDF with a link for a folder with the Google Slides™ version.
*PDF of Printable Student Worksheets
*Clickable table of contents
*Graphic Organisers Students should use descriptive language, 5 senses, imagery and creative hooks to write anything about the picture, from any perspective in any setting. They might want their work to be:
- a recount of when they saw that particular animal.
- a persuasive tale to keep the animal from extinction or they want it for a pet.
- an imaginative story with that animal as the main character
- a poem…..
- They just might like to fill out a graphic organiser with any vocabulary that they would like to write.
The scope is endless.
When using the Digital version students need to be in edit mode for both PowerPoint and Google Slides™ There is also a PDF for ease of printing, if you would like a booklet, a folder of images that can be used for other platforms or task cards and compatible with Google Slides™.
⭐ Use this resource for…
- classroom literacy writing groups
- morning writing warm-ups
- collaborative writing
- quick writing prompts
- paragraph writing practice
- extensions for your Gifted and Talented writers
- teaching writing skills (Teacher or students choice for something that the students might need to focus on – hooks, paragraphs, grammar, editing)
- relief teacher activities
- and much more!
⭐ WHY PURCHASE THIS RESOURCE?
*Includes ALL future updates
*NO PREP *Great for classrooms, home-school families
Please read my TOU that is included in this document first, as many questions are answered there. This is for use by one teacher in one classroom. If you would like to share with your colleagues, PLEASE purchase a multiple license. Thank you 🙂
Copyright ©OnButterflyWings. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only.
Follow my Facebook page for giveaways and updates!
Thank you for visiting OnButterflyWings