A personalised way for students to identify nutrients and reflect on their own diet in an online setting. This resource contains an instructional video link explaining how to complete the pdf task.
This resource was developed to assist students working from home to record the meals they eat during their self-isolation over a 15-day period. Students then have an activity where they go through their records and categorise the types of foods they have been consuming. A worksheet reflection and instructional video link to show students how to complete the task is also included. This is an engaging way for students to become more familiar with nutrients in certain types of foods.
- Blank Meal Log Template with a Reflection Activity and Worksheet
- Video link which describes how to complete pdf with Adobe Acrobat (10-minute video)
Stage 4 Technology Mandatory Syllabus 7-8 2017
- investigate the characteristics and properties of a variety of nutritious foods, for example: CT
– high in fibre, eg fruits and vegetables
– high in protein, eg meat and meat alternatives
- explore the nutritional needs of a group of people, eg adolescents, toddlers CT
- acquire and interpret data, for example: (ACTDIP025, ACTDIP026) CT ST
– local environmental and/or physical conditions, eg rainfall, temperature
– nutrition information panels, eg saturated fat, sugar content
Life Skills – Stage 4 Technology Mandatory Syllabus 7-8 2017
- identify nutritional needs for groups of people, eg adolescents, toddlers
- recognise and interpret data related to food production, eg nutritional information panels
Stage 5 Food Technology Years 7-10 Syllabus 2019
› communicates ideas and information using a range of media and appropriate terminology FT5-9
› collects, evaluates and applies information from a variety of sources FT5-8
› justifies food choices by analysing the factors that influence eating habits FT5-7
Life Skills – Stage 5 Food Technology Years 7-10 Syllabus 2019
› recognises the nutritional value of food items FTLS-3
Australian Curriculum – Design and Technologies Year 7 & 8
Year 7 & 8
Analyse how characteristics and properties of food determine preparation techniques and presentation when designing solutions for healthy eating (ACTDEK033)
Year 9 & 10
Investigate and make judgements on how the principles of food safety, preservation, preparation, presentation and sensory perceptions influence the creation of food solutions for healthy eating (ACTDEK045)
Resource Type: Digital Resource, Adobe Acrobat Pdf, Instructional video link
Digital File Type: Adobe Acrobat Pdf, Instructional video link
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional pack.
Please be aware that any company content, resources and materials purchased from Teacher Professional Development is permitted to one (1) user licence.
Teacher Professional Development own and maintain the intellectual property rights to their Resources and grant licenses to use such Resources and materials. When you purchase a Resource from TPD, you are also purchasing a license to use the Resource in accordance with the terms of this Resource Licensing Policy.
All other uses are prohibited without written consent. It is in violation of the Copyright Act to share, reproduce, redistribute, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, license, or otherwise transfer or use any company course content unless we give you explicit permission to do so. Company course content is licenced, and not sold, to you. Instructors may not grant you licence rights to content you access or acquire through the services, and any such direct licence shall be null and void and a violation of these Terms. You may not post or otherwise make any TPD Resource available on any website, forum or other medium.