This Multicultural Influences pack is a valuable resource for teachers looking to delve into the diverse effects on contemporary Australian diets. Designed to align with the 2019 Stage 5 Food Technology syllabus, this pack aids educators in illustrating how immigration, various food types, flavourings, and preparation techniques have shaped Australia’s food landscape.
Included in this pack are 15 laminated colour posters featuring key information about popular foods, recipes, flavours, and cooking techniques from 15 different countries. Accompanying the posters is a comprehensive 6-page black and white extended response student worksheet.
- 6 page extended response student worksheet
- 15 x laminated colour posters
Relevance to Curriculum:
2019 Stage 5 Food Technology syllabus:
- investigate multicultural influences on contemporary Australian diets, for example:
– effects of immigration on lifestyle and food habits
– types of foods and flavourings
– preparation techniques and cooking methods, eg steaming, stir-frying, smoking
- investigate the food habits of a specific culture, for example:
It will also assist Stage 6 Preliminary Food Technology teaching for this outcome:
P1.1 identifies and discusses a range of historical and contemporary factors which influence the availability of particular foods
Also useful for Stage 6 Preliminary Food Technology, targeting the following outcome:
P1.1: Discusses a range of historical and contemporary factors influencing food availability