A fantastic enlarged map of Australia covered with bush food images to show students where a variety of bush food can be found. You may project it onto your board or it can be printed up to A1 size. It prints nicely in A3 also.
Students can look at the map to get an understanding of the variety of bush tucker carbohydrates and proteins, then complete the attached worksheets. You can later test students on their knowledge of where their bush food card comes from by projecting the blank Australian map onto a board and have the students blu-tak their bush tucker card to it.
To finalise this activity, students can be issued with a few bush tucker cards where they can design a recipe using the bush tucker ingredients they’ve been provided.
- 1 x Australian bush foods map
- This can be projected onto a board or printed in A1 size or prints great in A3.
- 1 x Blank Australia bush food map
- Can be projected onto a board or printed up to A1 size, prints great in A3. Use to test students where their bush tucker card is located.
- 30 x Bush tucker cards containing; 15 bush tucker protein cards and 15 bush tucker carbohydrate cards.
- 3 x Worksheets aimed at investigating the use and nutritional values of bush tucker ingredients.
- 1 x Recipe sheet for students to create a recipe with the bush tucker card/s they have been issued.
This resource aims to meet the following dot points, from the Food in Australia context area of the 2019 NSW Food Technology Years 7-10 Syllabus:
- modify a recipe(s) to include bush tucker ingredients, for example: (ACTDEK046)
– damper or biscuits with wattleseed
– kangaroo stir-fry
- assess the nutritional implications for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples of introduced foods, for example:
– access to bush tucker ingredients, eg plants and animals
- investigate the use and nutritional values of bush tucker ingredients, for example: (ACTDEK044)
– lilly pilly
Resource Type: Posters, Outcome Task.
ZIP File Type: PDF (Acrobat) Document File, PNG.
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional pack.
Please be aware that any company content, resources and materials purchased from Teacher Professional Development is permitted to one (1) user licence.
Teacher Professional Development own and maintain the intellectual property rights to their Resources and grant licenses to use such Resources and materials. When you purchase a Resource from TPD, you are also purchasing a license to use the Resource in accordance with the terms of this Resource Licensing Policy.
All other uses are prohibited without written consent. It is in violation of the Copyright Act to share, reproduce, redistribute, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, license, or otherwise transfer or use any company course content unless we give you explicit permission to do so. Company course content is licenced, and not sold, to you. Instructors may not grant you licence rights to content you access or acquire through the services, and any such direct licence shall be null and void and a violation of these Terms. You may not post or otherwise make any TPD Resource available on any website, forum or other medium.