Guide your students through learning about the 6 essential nutrients with this match-up activity.
Place the 6 colourful nutrient posters around the room and have the students match the mini fact cards to the correct nutrient poster. This helps students break down the 6 essential nutrients required by the human body and provides mini facts that correlate to each nutrient.
Fantastic to display around the classroom to remind students of the six essential nutrients; protein, lipids, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, water.
- 6 x Nutrient posters
- 24 x mini fact cards
- Teacher answer sheet
Resource Type: Activity, Posters.
Please Note: This product is no longer available as a physical product, it has been replaced by the digital version on this page.
TECHNOLOGY MANDATORY YEARS 7–8 SYLLABUS (2017)
- Agriculture and Food Technologies outcome
- explains how the characteristics and properties of food determine preparation techniques for healthy eating TE4-6F
- Agriculture and Food Technologies dot point
- investigate the characteristics and properties of a variety of nutritious foods, for example: CT
- high in fibre, eg fruits and vegetables
- high in protein, eg meat and meat alternatives
FOOD TECHNOLOGY 7–10 SYLLABUS (2019)
- Stage 4 outcome
lists the basic components of a variety of foods
relates the nutritional value of foods to health
Stage 5 outcomes
describes the physical and chemical properties of
a variety of foods
describes the relationship between food
consumption, the nutritional value of foods and
the health of individuals and communities
Stage 5 content dot points
- outline the functions and sources of nutrients, including proteins, lipids, carbohydrates, vitamins,
minerals and water
FOOD TECHNOLOGY STAGE 6 SYLLABUS (2013)
Stage 6 outcome
- P2.1 explains the role of food nutrients in human nutrition