This online course will provide you with explicit teaching and learning strategies to guide your students to effectively and appropriately gather quality evidence of competence. Participants will receive information on how to simulate quality evidence using the four rules (validity, authenticity, sufficiency and currency) in the classroom, this includes both forms of evidence (video and photographic). You will be provided with mapping documentation for all portfolio areas, in addition to a sample portfolio of photographic evidence with annotations and video scripts and checklists to set students up for success.
Resources from this training:
Sample resources for the following units of competency:
If you are a VET (Vocational Education and Training) teacher currently delivering training and assessment strategies for Certificate II in Kitchen Operations SIT20416 OR Certificate II in Hospitality SIT20316 this course is for you.
• ASQA and its role in the VET sector
• Portfolio learning intentions – quick reference samples to training package elements, knowledge and performance criteria
• What is quality evidence? What does it look like?
• Feedback and its importance for student journey and ASQA requirements
• Peer assessment strategies
• Teaching and learning strategies
• Links to current curriculum and NESA requirements
• Utilisation of Industry links/Supplementary Evidence Reports/Third Party Reports
• Time saving strategies in collecting evidence
• Technology software/applications to store and access photos and videos efficiently
• Quick fact sheet on utilisation eg. Trimming/cutting down videos, how to import photos to develop portfolio, annotations etc
• Evidence collection – peer assess/review in a simulated environment
• Connecting this evidence to training package requirements and rules of evidence checklist to ensure it is:
• An overview of sample teaching and learning resources provided and how to access these.
24/7 access to learn at your own pace.
This will also contribute to your industry currency to maintain your qualifications and can be utilised in setting goals in your Performance Development Plan (PDP).
Interim NESA Accreditation
Completing Online Hospitality – Perfecting Portfolios before 31 July 2021 under NESA’s interim arrangements will contribute 4 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of Delivery and assessment of NSW Curriculum addressing standard descriptors 2.1.2 and 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
2.1.2 Proficient Level – Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities.
Units Sold: 0
|Digital or Physical|
Subscribe to our newsletter for 10% off
Sign up and save 10% on your first order of resources with TPD. Plus receive updates and notifications for new courses and resources via email.
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.