Experience Online Innovate Year 9 Food Technology without having to leave your computer screen. We’ve put together a live recording of the course so you feel like you’re in the room.
You’ll have 24/7 access to 4.45-hours of video content guiding you through teaching four topic areas; Food in Australia, Food Equity, Food Product Development and Food Selection and Health.
We’ve supplied recipes, activities, student work-booklets, assessment tasks, marking criteria and units of work. We’ll also jumpstart your knowledge of the major changes, so you walk into the classroom feeling enthusiastic and equipped.
‘Innovate Year 9 Food Technology’ is designed to assist teachers to engage students in the Year 9 Food Technology classroom. Turbo-charge your Food Technology lessons by captivating your students’ interest and imagination in problem-based learning opportunities.
This course develops your content knowledge and offers a value-packed suite of resources for these focus areas:
- Food in Australia
- Food Equity
- Food Product Development
- Food Selection and Health
With this course and resources, you’ll fast-track the hard work of planning and get straight to teaching. We want you to be able to:
- Help students learn and succeed through quality content
- Create a fun learning environment through activities.
- 4.45 hours of video that guides you through teaching
- Annotated Syllabus to break down the curriculum requirements
- Resources to use for classroom delivery and learning support
- 4 x Units of work
- 4 x Recipe booklets
- 4 x Student work-booklets
- 4 x Assessment tasks
- 4 x Marking criteria
- 2 x Assessment scaffolds
- Engaging activity ideas
- Plus more.
- Course PowerPoint presentation of the course to re-visit at any time
- Teacher PD’s support if you need any assistance throughout the course
- Online access and delivery – 24/7 access via your Teacher PD log-in to complete it from home or workplace, around your busy schedule.
Food teachers looking for new resources, strategies and ideas to teach students in Year 9. This course has been designed around the Food Technology Years 7–10 Syllabus (2019) – NESA. The resources can be adapted to suit other states throughout Australia.
Session 1: The Vitals
- Syllabus changes
- Opportunities for Project Based Learning
- Literacy hacks
- Scope and sequence
Session 2: Food in Australia
- Food in Australia highlights- Mash-up
- Foodie Adventures Assessment Task
- Australian food team timeline
Session 3: Food Equity
- Food Equity current statistics
- FED- Food Equity Detective
- The Hunger Case
Session 4: Food Product Development
- Snack Founder Assessment Task
- Environmental, Nutritional, Technological food product collaboration
- Packaging Legal logistics
- Supermarket Spy
Session 5: Food Selection and Health
- Hello Eats Assessment Task
- Exploring nutritional panels
- Nutrient Match-Up
Completing Online Innovate Year 9 Food Technology will contribute 4.45 hours of Elective PD addressing 2.1.2 and 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
2.1.2 Proficient Level – Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities.
The videos are live recordings of the course being delivered in a face-to-face setting. You’ll feel like you’re in the room yourself with our trainer! This means sometimes the quality of audio and video fluctuates due to the environment. You might need to adjust the volume now and then, thanks for your understanding. We have worked closely with the post-production team to bring this course to you online, and provide the same level of comprehensive content as you’d receive in the face-to-face sessions.
Meet the trainer – Carly Saunders – The Happiness Mission
Carly Saunders is a lecturer and tutor at the University of Newcastle in the School of Education. Carly has been a Food Technology teacher for 17 years, has trained over 3,000 teachers – she’s no stranger to the classroom! Carly thrives on educating dynamic and passionate teachers and is a published author. She will provide you with tips and strategies to engage your students in studying the syllabus.
ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW
Enrol today and get immediate access so you can deliver the Year 9 Food Technology content confidently and easily. This course will help you free up time, engage your students and achieve your teaching goals.
We pride ourselves in offering you comprehensive teacher professional development and supporting you with all the resources, worksheets and activities you need to teach your students.
- Purchasing 1 (one) course above will allow access for 1 (one) individual teacher to access and complete the online course.
- Select “Group” when purchasing 2 (two) or more of the course.
- The quantity of a single course you purchase will be the quantity of teachers you’ll be able to enrol and will be included in the group. For example, if you purchase 3 (three) of a course, you will be able to enrol 3 (three) teachers, or 2 (two) teachers and yourself.
- The person who places the order is assigned as the ’group leader’. The group leader is able to enrol the additional teachers for the purchase group.
- To be eligible to purchase additional licences to use the resources, one member of faculty from your school will need to be enrolled in the online course. If your school is eligible, email [email protected]
for more information on additional licences.