Are you teaching your students online? Need help using Google Classroom?
Yes….then this course is for you!!!
Check out these time-saving strategies to use in your online delivery of content to your students.
We will look at Google Classroom and its capabilities, together with a variety of software applications to assist you in the students’ journey to success in this environment.
Focused sessions around:
- How to set up a Google classroom from scratch in a timely manner.
- Downloading files in Google Classroom efficiently, with a focus on a couple of file types eg Microsoft Word, PDFs and Microsoft PowerPoint just to name a few.
- Online management strategies and apps worth a mention to assist you in this delivery. Including how to observe students live working with Google software (eg Google docs, sheets, slides) via Google Classroom. This is great evidence of student learning in these social distancing times, make sure you record this for NESA.
- Student perspective in Google Classroom, including how students are to turn in (Submit) work for teachers to mark and provide feedback. In addition to clear instructions in downloading and completing PDF worksheets.
- Extra resources to support online learning including:
- What does good digital citizenship look like?
- Student guide – How to maximise learning at home.
Primary or secondary school teachers in any faculty area using online learning.
Resources included from this training
- Google Classroom cheat sheet
- How to fill in a PDF document cheat sheet
- How to scan documents using a smartphone reference sheet
- Maximising student learning infographic
- How to download and edit a PDF cheat sheet
- Digital citizenship and Internet etiquette infographic
Online – 24/7 access to learn at your own pace.
Completing Online Learning with Google Classroom will contribute 1 hour of Elective PD addressing 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.