Learn to write Python programs that can be used on Linux, Mac, and Unix operating systems.
What you will learn:
- When to use Python 2 and when to use Python 3.
- How to install Python on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- How to prepare your computer for programming in Python.
- The various ways to run a Python program on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Suggested text editors and integrated development environments to use when coding in Python.
- How to work with various data types including strings, lists, tuples, dictionaries, booleans, and more.
- What variables are and when to use them.
- How to perform mathematical operations using Python.
- How to capture input from a user.
- Ways to control the flow of your programs.
- The importance of white space in Python.
- How to organise your Python programs — Learn what goes where.
- What modules are, when you should use them, and how to create your own.
- How to define and use functions.
- Important built-in Python functions that you’ll use often.
- How to read from and write to files.
- The difference between binary and text files.
- Various ways of getting help and find Python documentation.
Perfect for Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac, the Web and More!
Once you’ve completed this course you’ll know how to write programs that will run on the Linux, Mac, and Windows operating systems. You can even take what you’ve learned and apply it web applications.
Who this course is for:
Anyone interested in Python programming, Python scripting, or computer programming in general.
24/7 access to learn at your own pace.
Completing Python for Beginners: Learn Python Programming Online Course will contribute 3 hours of Elective PD addressing 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.