Students travel through the decades, exploring the world of fashion and textiles intertwined.
A memorable and immersive textiles timeline that allows students to gain an understanding of the textiles industry.
‘Style Archives’ provides students with 33 immersive posters portraying textiles and fashion chronologically, each within the style of its own era. The posters depict current and relevant examples creating a memorable experience for the students.
‘Style Archives’ includes a 12-pg activity, where students have the opportunity to access the technological and industrial effects of textiles upon the textile industry, the characteristics of fashion upon each decade, and the importance of textiles within the fashion industry.
‘Style Archives’ can be shared with students digitally, easily printed or differentiated for individual students needs at the discretion of the teacher (through the word & pdf files provided).
This could also be printed out to be used as a textiles lookbook!
- 33 engaging posters with syllabus content and information.
- 12-page PDF and Word Document with NSW syllabus links and
Historical perspectives of textiles
- explore the historical, technological and social circumstances that have had an impact on the development of textiles, for example: (ACTDEK040)
- globalisation, eg overseas production
- technological developments
- innovative fibre, yarn and fabric
- describe characteristics of design features from different time periods throughout history, for example:
- 1970s bell bottom denim jeans with embellishment details
- 1920s dropped waistline, beads, fringing, flapper dress
- identify historic design features in contemporary design, for example:
- bell sleeves from medieval times appearing in garments of the 1970s and early 2000s
- Bohemian (Boho) fashion reflects the use of fringing in flapper dresses of the 1920s and hippie fashions of the 1970s
Digital File Type: PDF (Acrobat) Document File, Word Doc.
Physical Pack: 33 x A4 colour laminated posters.Worksheet and instructions provided as digital format.
Resource Type: Posters and Activity.
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional pack.
Please be aware that any company content, resources and materials purchased from Teacher Professional Development is permitted to one (1) user licence.
Teacher Professional Development own and maintain the intellectual property rights to their Resources and grant licenses to use such Resources and materials. When you purchase a Resource from TPD, you are also purchasing a license to use the Resource in accordance with the terms of this Resource Licensing Policy.
All other uses are prohibited without written consent. It is in violation of the Copyright Act to share, reproduce, redistribute, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, license, or otherwise transfer or use any company course content unless we give you explicit permission to do so. Company course content is licenced, and not sold, to you. Instructors may not grant you licence rights to content you access or acquire through the services, and any such direct licence shall be null and void and a violation of these Terms. You may not post or otherwise make any TPD Resource available on any website, forum or other medium.