This new course will meet all of the Technology Mandatory – Digital Technologies dot points in an engaging way.
This course is fantastic for teachers who are preparing for teaching Technology Mandatory from the new syllabus in 2019 who wish to enhance their strategies, content knowledge and resources.
Walk away with
- Unit of work for 50 hours (one semester)
- Student work booklet
- Design folio
- Starters and plenaries
- Project examples
- Teaching strategies
- Plus much more
What To Bring
Required – bring your own laptop and charger.
Face to Face – Individual
9:00 am – 3:00 pm
This course contributes to 5.0 professional development hours.
$369 + GST (Includes morning tea, lunch, tea and coffee.)
Completing Technology Mandatory – Digital Technologies – The Amazing Game will contribute 5 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 2.1.2 and 6.2.2, from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
2.1.2 Proficient Level – Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities.
6.2.2 Proficient Level – Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice, targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.
Session 1: Introduction to the Amazing Game
- Busting the myths
- Familiarity with digital technologies terms
- Scope and sequence
Session 2: Discovering Digital Technology
- Define and decompose real world problems
- Evaluating the suitability of hardware
- How do digital systems represent text, image and audio with whole numbers?
- Exploring data transmission
Session 3: Exploring Projects
- Plan and manage digital projects
- Teaching students to modify programs in a general programming language
- Algorithms, data types, branching and iteration
- Evaluating technological solutions and professions