Use this escape room as an introduction to a textiles course or at the conclusion of the term. Helps to foster team building and problem solving skills.
HOW IT WORKS
Students read an instruction sheet that introduces them to the escape room back story. They arrive at their friends studio to learn that they are at risk of not completing their first fashion line as they have lost equipment and materials. They find a book in the library on sewing, but the page with the equipment they need to help their friend has been ripped out. They must solve puzzles and riddles in the book to find what they need to help their friend become Australia’s Next Top Designer!
Students use a response booklet to record their answers to the puzzles/riddles as they complete each task given to them by the teacher.
- Detailed teacher instructions for preparing the tasks and facilitating the escape room
- Student instructions for each of the six tasks
- All the materials students need for each station (mazes, pictogram puzzle cards, jigsaw puzzles, spelling search card, riddle, student instruction cards)
- A student answer booklet where the group can record the equipment they find.
- A teacher answer key you can use to check the work to determine the winner.
Nicole Ross (Verified user) –
New South Wales, Australia
Love the look and layout
TeacherPD Admin (store manager) –
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback, have a brilliant day!