Did you know that the most productive command line experts exploit the powerful features of the Vim text editor?
The problem is that if you want to get really good with Vim it can take you an extremely long time if you’re trying to learn it on your own.
That’s why the Vim Masterclass was created.
This course gives you the absolute shortest path to learning the basics. It also provides you the fastest way to learn the most advanced features, too.
This course gives you the shortest path to learning the basics of Vim as well as how to master some advanced features.
By the time you finish you’ll know how to:
- View and work with multiple files.
- Use keyboard shortcuts and how to remember them.
- Find and replace blocks of information within a file and refactor code.
- Make the most of Vim’s built-in clipboard system and history.
- Visually select and edit blocks of text.
- Make vertical edits and use Vim’s Visual Block Mode.
- Enable syntax highlighting for source code, configuration files, or any type of file.
- Edit source code, scripts and HTML.
- Use MacVim and gVim on Linux and Windows.
- Create, save, and replay macros to normalise data and repeat complicated edits.
- Append or prepend text to every line in a text file, format one line of text and apply that formatting to a specified area in the file.
- Create custom shortcuts and personalised key mappings.
Anyone who wants to learn how to edit text files in a command line environment.
$57 + GST
Complete this course at your own pace. Upon completion of this course, you will receive 7 professional development hours. You have to view all module videos and resources to complete the course. To complete this course, make sure you click ‘Mark Complete’ once you have finished a lesson. This will ensure you have completed the course to receive your certificate and accreditation hours.
Completing Vim Masterclass Online Course will contribute 7 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 6.2.2, from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
6.2.2 Proficient Level – Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice, targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.