Use this escape room as an introduction to a childcare course or at the conclusion of the term. Helps to foster team building and problem solving skills.
HOW IT WORKS
Students read an instruction sheet that introduces them to the escape room back story. They arrive at work at their local daycare centre to find a child who is sad and does not want to play with the other students. They find a book on their bookshelf on childcare, but the page with the items they need to make the child happy again has been ripped out. They must solve puzzles and riddles in the book to find what they need to help the child!
Students use a response booklet to record their answers to the puzzles/riddles as they complete each task given to them by the teacher.
- Detailed teacher instructions for preparing the tasks and facilitating the escape room
- Student instructions for each of the six tasks
- All the materials students need for each station (mazes, pictogram puzzle cards, jigsaw puzzles, spelling search card, riddle, student instruction cards)
- A student answer booklet where the group can record the ingredients they find.
- A teacher answer key you can use to check the work to determine the winner.