Food Technology Express Kit – 2 Casual Lesson Plans
Looking to infuse creativity and educational richness into your Food Technology classes? Look no further than our Food Technology Express Kit with 2 Casual Lesson plans. Designed with both the teacher and student in mind, this comprehensive kit addresses various elements of the Food Technology syllabus, ensuring an enjoyable and informative experience for everyone.
Innovative Ideas and Creative Solutions PowerPoint
Kick-start your casual lessons with this dynamic PowerPoint presentation that serves as an engaging introduction to the world of the Food Technology syllabus. Dive deep into the key principles and theories that underpin the field, presented in a way that’s easily digestible and visually stimulating.
Student Evaluation Scaffold
Enhance self-assessment and reflective practices among students with this detailed evaluation scaffold. A must-have for any Food Technology lesson plan, it guides learners in reviewing their performance and helps them identify areas for improvement.
12 Delectable Design Scenario Cards
Fuel creativity and problem-solving skills with these 12 unique scenario cards. Ideal for group activities or individual projects, these cards offer real-world challenges that align with the Food Technology syllabus, enabling students to apply theoretical knowledge in practical situations.
Delectable Designs Sketch and Annotate Worksheet
Unleash the designer in every student with this worksheet that serves as a canvas for their culinary creativity. Let them sketch and annotate their food creations, bringing theoretical designs to life, and adding an interactive element to traditional Food Technology worksheets.
Two-page Delectable Designs Product Details Worksheet
A crucial addition to your Food Technology lesson plan, this worksheet encourages students to dive into the specifics of their culinary creations. From cost calculations to user experience, it covers all aspects needed to turn their delectable designs into feasible projects.
Two-page Research Time Worksheet
Research is fundamental in any academic subject, and Food Technology is no exception. Use this worksheet to guide your students through the research phase of their projects. It’s structured to help them collect, analyse, and present information effectively.
Why Choose Our Food Technology Express Kit?
- Flexibility: Designed to cover two full casual lessons, or can be customised for shorter, focused activities.
- Alignment with Syllabus: Every component aligns with the Food Technology syllabus, offering an integrated teaching and learning experience.
- Ease of Use: Each resource is designed to be user-friendly, making it easy for any teacher to execute an enriching Food Technology lesson plan.
Experience the convenience, innovation, and educational impact of our Food Technology Express Kit with 2 Casual Lessons. Make your classroom a hub of culinary creativity and technical expertise today!
If you choose to use this kit to cover two casual lessons it could look something like this:
- Students view the Innovative Ideas and Creative Solutions PowerPoint including 3 emerging food technology videos. Students choose one of the innovative and creative solutions and complete the evaluation scaffold.
- In pairs, students then receive one of the Delectable Design scenarios. Students are to use the ingredient, constraints and need/opportunity to design a new food/beverage product for the specific need/opportunity e.g.
Constraints: Must be tasty for adolescents.
Need/Opportunity: A snack for a school canteen.
An example of designed food product for this particular scenario could be spinach and fetta triangles. Students then need to find a suitable recipe and modify it for one as per the constraint.
- Using the Delectable Designs sketch and annotate worksheet, students complete an annotated sketch of their design and an annotated sketch of what their packaging could look like.
- Continuing on from the previous lesson students complete the product details worksheet based on their idea from Delectable Designs.
- Students complete the Research Time worksheet where they investigate any new innovative food, beverage, product, equipment or packaging.
This kit covers the following syllabus outcome and dot points:
› designs, communicates and evaluates innovative ideas and creative solutions to authentic problems or opportunities TE4-1DP
- plan nutritious dish(es) to suit a group within society, for example: DT
– high calcium and iron for adolescents
– food for cultural celebrations
- investigate and communicate how a recipe can be improved to enhance nutritional value, and justify the recipe adjustment, for example: (ACTDEP039) DT
– using wholemeal flour instead of white flour for increased dietary fibre
Designed to directly meet for the new Technology Mandatory – Agriculture and Food Technology syllabus (2017).
Suitable for Year 7 and Year 8 Food Technology. Could also be used for Year 9 and Year 10 Food Technology.
ZIP File Type: PDF (Acrobat) Document File and PowerPoint
Resource Type: Lesson Plan, PowerPoint, Activities.
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional pack.
Please be aware that any company content, resources and materials purchased from Teacher Professional Development is permitted to one (1) user licence.
Teacher Professional Development own and maintain the intellectual property rights to their Resources and grant licenses to use such Resources and materials. When you purchase a Resource from TPD, you are also purchasing a license to use the Resource in accordance with the terms of this Resource Licensing Policy.
All other uses are prohibited without written consent. It is in violation of the Copyright Act to share, reproduce, redistribute, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, license, or otherwise transfer or use any company course content unless we give you explicit permission to do so. Company course content is licenced, and not sold, to you. Instructors may not grant you licence rights to content you access or acquire through the services, and any such direct licence shall be null and void and a violation of these Terms. You may not post or otherwise make any TPD Resource available on any website, forum or other medium.