Textiles Designers is a fantastic resource to expose your Textiles students to real-world textiles designers!
Students learn about 25 textiles designers across the focus areas of apparel, furnishings, costume, textile arts and non-apparel in the beautiful and engaging PowerPoint. They can then answer a series of questions about the designers and their designs in the corresponding worksheet. The worksheet also give students an opportunity to create their own designs in each of the focus areas and practise their extended responses.
This resource is designed for the NESA Textiles Technology syllabus, however it can also be used with students across a range of stages and learning levels.
- 32 slide Textiles Designers PowerPoint.
- 1 x 10-page Textiles Designers worksheet.
- Lesson plan with teacher instructions.
NSW NESA TEXTILES TECHNOLOGY 7 – 10 SYLLABUS (2019)
TEX4-3 describes the creative process of design used in the work of textile designers
TEX5-3 explains the creative process of design used in the work of textile designers
- explore the creative design approaches used by a variety of textile designers (ACTDEP049)
- identify a range of textile designers and their applications across focus areas, for example:
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander designer who uses textiles as a medium of cultural expression
- fashion designer, eg streetwear, formal wear
- collaborative textile art produced by communities
- graphic designers for digital textile printing
ACARA Australian Curriculum Design & Technologies YRS 7-10
ACT BSSS Design and Textiles (2020)
NSW NESA TECHNOLOGY MANDATORY YEARS 7 – 8 SYLLABUS (2017)
NSW NESA TEXTILES AND DESIGN STAGE 6 SYLLABUS (2013)
QLD QCAA Fashion Applied Senior Syllabus (2019)
SA SACE Design, Technology and Engineering (2020)
TAS TASC Design and Production (2016-2021)
VIC VCAA Product Design & Technology (2018-2023)
VIC VCAA VCE VET Applied Fashion & Technology (2018)
WA SCSA Materials Design and Technology Yr12 (2020)
WA SCSA Materials Design and Technology Yr11 (2016)