This course has been designed to provide resources and inspiration for the Material Technologies context area with a textiles focus.
This course is fantastic for teachers who wish to develop student’s practical skills to produce textile items with traditional and contemporary production processes. The course will include project ideas, units of work and proposed work samples. Teachers will gain a clear understanding of how surface preparation techniques can enhance textile items and they will uncover a range of creative design approaches. Teachers who are interested in inspiring and engaging their students for future Textiles study in Stage 5 and Stage 6 may be interested in this course.
As a university lecturer and experienced teacher, I can provide you with some tips and strategies to engage your students in studying the new syllabus in the following sessions:
- Meeting new syllabus outcomes
- Communicate the development of design ideas
- Solutions to design brief suggestions
- Assessing textiles projects with differentiation strategies
- 40 page Technology Mandatory – Material Technologies – Textiles Focus Teacher Booklet
- Annotated syllabus
- Technology Mandatory – Material Technologies – Textiles Focus Sample Unit Year 7
- 32 page Year 7 Student Workbook
- Year 8 Sample Unit
- New Earth Entrepreneurs Year 8 Assessment Task and Marking Criteria
- 21 page Year 8 Student Workbook
- Printable Patterns with Varying Degrees of Difficulty
- Ice Breaker Match up
- Starter Activities
- Video Tutorials
- Find the Fib
- Mission Prediction Map
- Online Quiz’s
- Buttoned-up Bingo
- Plus many more resources!
Online – at your own pace
$ 299 + GST
Completing Online Technology Mandatory – Material Technologies – Textiles Focus will contribute 4 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 2.1.2 and 6.2.2, from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
2.1.2 Proficient Level – Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities.
6.2.2 Proficient Level – Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice, targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.
Please be advised:
If you have been to a face to face course for Online Technology Mandatory – Material Technologies – Textiles Focus, this is the same course, just an online version.
This is a live recording of the course, we have taken precautions to try and provide quality audio and video. However, please be mindful there may be areas of this course where the audio needs to be adjusted.