Increase your student’s literacy and knowledge growth with this scheduled homework book of short and extended response questions.
Designed to use whilst studying The Australian Food Industry, this booklet allows students to have their writing checked and assessed weekly. Alternatively, it can be used as revision questions.
The questions are written in HSC style to meet a variety of Australian Food Industry outcomes and dot points. The benefit of this book is that the answers are not published anywhere so the students cannot simply google the sample answers. The students will be required to answer applying their own knowledge of the content.
Designed to make marking easy with simple marking criteria after each question. Success criteria marking tables are also included to encourage good writing habits for e.g. do not rewrite the question, use the term metalanguage, etc.
It has a spread of key terms for students to practice with a variety of related dot points.
- 25-page Printable homework book. It may be shared as a digital pdf also. The homework book includes:
- Learning Intentions and Success Criteria
- Weekly Schedule for Term 4
- Glossary of HSC Key Terms
- Marking Criteria
- Success Criteria Marking Tables
- Suggested Answers – these are not permitted to be shared with students and are supplied to assist the marking process.
9.1 The Australian Food Industry
H1.2 examines the nature and extent of the Australian food industry
H1.4 evaluates the impact of the operation of an organisation within the Australian food industry on the individual, society and environment
H3.1 investigates operations of one organisation within the Australian food industry.
Students Learn About:
Sectors of the Australian food industry:
- sectors of the agri-food chain in the Australian food industry, including agriculture and fisheries, food processing/manufacturing, food service and catering, food retail
- emerging technologies in food production, manufacturing and packaging including biotechnology in genetically modified foods, ecologically sustainable production methods, such as organic farming
Aspects of the Australian food industry:
- operation of organisations within the Australian food industry with particular attention to:
- levels of operation and mechanisation, including household, small business, large companies, multinationals
- research and development
- quality assurance
- consumer influences such as value added foods
- impact on the
- environment including waste management, packaging practices, production techniques, and transportation
- economy, eg generation of profit and changes in employment
- society including lifestyle changes, career opportunities and working conditions
Policy and legislation:
- advisory groups that have a role in formulating and implementing policy and legislation
- government policies and legislation (local, state, federal) that impact on the Australian food industry including legislative requirements for labelling
Students Learn To:
- identify sectors within the Australian food industry
- plan and prepare foods/meals that reflect sectors of the Australian food industry
- investigate an emerging technology in ONE sector of the Australian food industry
- discuss the potential risks and benefits of using emerging technologies in food production and manufacture
- describe the activities carried out in ONE organisation within the food industry
- evaluate the impact of the operation of an organisation on individuals, society and the environment
- explain career opportunities and working conditions, including gender issues within the Australian food industry
- identify significant government policies and legislation and explain their impact upon the Australian food industry
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional pack.
Please be aware that any company content, resources and materials purchased from Teacher Professional Development is permitted to one (1) user licence.
Teacher Professional Development own and maintain the intellectual property rights to their Resources and grant licenses to use such Resources and materials. When you purchase a Resource from TPD, you are also purchasing a license to use the Resource in accordance with the terms of this Resource Licensing Policy.
All other uses are prohibited without written consent. It is in violation of the Copyright Act to share, reproduce, redistribute, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, license, or otherwise transfer or use any company course content unless we give you explicit permission to do so. Company course content is licenced, and not sold, to you. Instructors may not grant you licence rights to content you access or acquire through the services, and any such direct licence shall be null and void and a violation of these Terms. You may not post or otherwise make any TPD Resource available on any website, forum or other medium.