Enrich your teaching toolkit with this comprehensive pack, curated to address the nuances of Food Technology Policy and Legislation in the Australian context.
This resource covers Policy and Legislation causes and effects, and their impact on the Australian Food Industry.
This pack is designed to be a visual cue for students that is displayed year-round. The poster pack has an accompanying PowerPoint presentation to run through the information with the students, and a worksheet that will extend students to build their knowledge and skills when explaining policy and legislation.
- 16 slide PowerPoint presentation
- 16 x A4 Policy and Legislation posters:
- Policy and Legislation NSW syllabus breakdown poster
- Environmental Health Officer (EHO)
- NSW Food Act 2003
- Protection of the Environment operations Act 1997
- National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Plan 2013-2023
- Fair Trading Act 1987
- Food and Nutrition Policy 1992
- Australia’s Foreign Investment Policy 1975
- Work Health and Safety Act 2011
- Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act 1979
- Food Standards Australia New Zealand Act 1991
- Fisheries Management Act 1991
- Dairy Produce Act 1986
- Imported Food Control Act 1992
- Gene Technology Act 2000 (amended 2019)
- Competition and Consumer Act 2010
- 1-page Policy and Legislation Explain worksheet
Enrich your teaching toolkit with this comprehensive pack, curated to address the nuances of Food Technology Policy and Legislation in the Australian context. Specially aligned with the HSC Food Technology syllabus, this resource offers a gamut of food technology activities that are educational yet engaging. Beyond serving as year-round visual cues for students, the pack also comes with a PowerPoint presentation to facilitate deeper understanding and a worksheet to encourage critical thinking.
The Food Technology Explain worksheet, in particular, is designed to challenge students to extend their knowledge on how Policy and Legislation directly influence the Australian Food Industry. If you are teaching the HSC Food Technology syllabus, this pack is an invaluable asset that promotes informed discussion and learning around Policy and Legislation.