🌟 Unleash Student Creativity with Our Entrepreneurial Design Challenge! 🌟
Are your students ready to become the next big names in fashion and tech? Our dynamic activity is perfect for those working in Technology Mandatory and Design and Technologies.
🎨 Fuel Their Creative Fire! 🎨
Students will thrive as they develop their own clothing labels, working from a comprehensive Design Brief. The task is easily adaptable to suit individual learning needs, ensuring every student can shine.
💡 Critical & Creative Thinking Made Fun! 💡
This isn’t just an art project; it’s a mini-MBA! A business plan element challenges students to think critically and creatively, elevating their entrepreneurial skills.
👜 Design a Mini Fashion Line! 👕
From zip jackets and hoodies to hats and tote bags, students have the creative freedom to design a variety of core fashion items. It’s not just classroom learning; it’s real-world application!
✅ Self-Evaluation Tools for Skill Strengthening ✅
We’ve included a self-check and student self-evaluation toolkit to refine their design critique skills, making this an all-rounded educational experience!
Grab this entrepreneurial design task today and turn your classroom into a hub of creativity and business savvy!
- 28-page resource with
- NSW and ACARA syllabus links
- Design Brief
- Student instructions
- 7 pages of questions + additional activities
- 5 x blank fashion templates
- Business plan
- Student self-check
- Student self-evaluation
Resource Type: Outcome Task. Textiles worksheets and Design & Technology worksheets.
Digital File Type: PDF (Acrobat) Document File, Microsoft Word Document
Year 7 and 8 Technology Mandatory Materials Technology
› designs, communicates and evaluates innovative ideas and creative solutions to authentic problems or opportunities TE4-1DP
› plans and manages the production of designed solutions TE4-2DP
- investigate products and services for the individual and/or the community, considering ethical and social factors (ACTDEK029) ST
- generate and communicate the development of design ideas, plans and processes for various audiences using appropriate technical terms and technologies including graphical representation techniques, for example: (ACTDEP036) CT DT
- sketches, drawings and computer-aided designs (CAD)
- digital presentations
- use appropriate project management processes when working both individually and collaboratively to coordinate the production of a designed solution (ACTDEP039) CT ST
- evaluate the effectiveness and suitability of choices made during the development and production of the solution.
- assess the solution against the predetermined criteria.
Australian Curriculum Design and Technologies
Year 7 & 8
- Investigate the ways in which products, services and environments evolve locally, regionally and globally and how competing factors including social, ethical and sustainability considerations are prioritised in the development of technologies and designed solutions for preferred futures (ACTDEK029)
- Generate, develop, test and communicate design ideas, plans and processes for various audiences using appropriate technical terms and technologies including graphical representation techniques (ACTDEP036)
- Independently develop criteria for success to evaluate design ideas, processes and solutions and their sustainability (ACTDEP038)
- Use project management processes when working individually and collaboratively to coordinate production of designed solutions (ACTDEP039)
Year 9 & 10
- Develop, modify and communicate design ideas by applying design thinking, creativity, innovation and enterprise skills of increasing sophistication (ACTDEP049)
Evaluate design ideas, processes and solutions against comprehensive criteria for success recognising the need for sustainability (ACTDEP051)