Allow students to get creative and create an isolation festival outfit!
This task was created to help engage textiles students with the process of outfit design relating to festival wear.
Students are attending the Livestream festival Groovin’ @ Home which is an isolation festival. Students create sketches of their dream isolation festival outfit to wear to the Livestream festival.
Students annotate their sketches and complete other activities which include a mood board, self-check, and student self-evaluation. This is designed to be a task that students can complete from home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This task can be used with a variety of stages and can be differentiated for individual students needs at the discretion of the teacher.
- 13-pages including:
- Student instructions & design brief
- 5 blank fashion croquis
- Student self-check and evaluation
- Syllabus links
Year 7 and 8 Technology Mandatory Materials Technology
› TE4-1DP designs, communicates and evaluates innovative ideas and creative solutions to authentic problems or opportunities
- generate and communicate the development of design ideas, plans and processes for various audiences using appropriate technical terms and technologies including graphical representation techniques, for example: (ACTDEP036) CT DT
– sketches, drawings and computer-aided designs (CAD)
NSW Textiles Technology Years 7-10 Syllabus (2019)
Stage 4 – Years 7 & 8
› generates design ideas for textile items TEX4-4
Stage 5 – Years 9 & 10
› generates and develops textile design ideas TEX5-4
› generate and develop design ideas using drawing and rendering techniques, for example: (ACTDEP049)
– scaled pencil sketches
– tonal colouring techniques using watercolour media
– graphics or CAD drawing programs
- use a variety of techniques to communicate and present the development of design ideas, for example:
– visual and graphical
– text based, eg word processing
- evaluate the designing and producing of a textile item using a variety of techniques including self evaluation and peer evaluation, for example: (ACTDEP051)
– a self-reflection record, journal or blog
- explore textiles as a medium of self-expression
Textiles technology Life skills
› uses a variety of techniques to present design ideas and solutions TEXLS-5
- develop supporting documentation for a textiles project, for example:
– ideas generation
– fashion illustrations and production drawings, e.g. CAD, graphics software
- collect feedback on a textile project from a variety of sources, for example:
Year 7 & 8
- Generate, develop, test and communicate design ideas, plans and processes for various audiences using appropriate technical terms and technologies including graphical representation techniques (ACTDEP036)
Year 9 & 10
- Develop, modify and communicate design ideas by applying design thinking, creativity, innovation and enterprise skills of increasing sophistication (ACTDEP049)
Resource Type: Activity.
Digital File Type: PDF (Acrobat) Document File, Microsoft Word Document
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional pack.
Please be aware that any company content, resources and materials purchased from Teacher Professional Development is permitted to one (1) user licence.
Teacher Professional Development own and maintain the intellectual property rights to their Resources and grant licenses to use such Resources and materials. When you purchase a Resource from TPD, you are also purchasing a license to use the Resource in accordance with the terms of this Resource Licensing Policy.
All other uses are prohibited without written consent. It is in violation of the Copyright Act to share, reproduce, redistribute, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, license, or otherwise transfer or use any company course content unless we give you explicit permission to do so. Company course content is licenced, and not sold, to you. Instructors may not grant you licence rights to content you access or acquire through the services, and any such direct licence shall be null and void and a violation of these Terms. You may not post or otherwise make any TPD Resource available on any website, forum or other medium.