An engaging way for students to familiarise themselves with cooking equipment. May be used as a printed activity or used with copy and paste on Microsoft Word.
This resource was created to assist students studying Food Technology life skills and/or students with limited literacy to learn about equipment in the kitchen. There is a range of activities that students can complete to ensure that they are able to identify and understand the function of a wide variety of equipment. This resource aims to meet the needs of students from a multitude of abilities and it is to be differentiated at the teacher’s discretion. This resource was designed to be used across a number of stages, NSW syllabi and the Australian Curriculum where appropriate. This resource can be used digitally or physically with students.
Stage 4 Technology Mandatory Syllabus 7-8 2017
› selects and safely applies a broad range of tools, materials and processes in the production of quality projects TE4-3DP
• select, justify and use a range of appropriate tools and techniques in an agricultural project and/or food preparation (ACTDEK037) DT ST
Life Skills – Stage 4 Technology Mandatory Syllabus 7-8 2017
› follows safe practices in the use of tools, materials and processes for design projects TELS-4DP
• use tools and equipment safely in an agricultural project or food preparation DT
Stage 5 Food Technology Years 7-10 Syllabus 2019
› selects and employs appropriate techniques and equipment for a variety of food-specific purposes FT5-10
Life Skills – Stage 5 Food Technology Years 7-10 Syllabus 2019
› uses appropriate equipment and techniques in making a variety of food items FTLS-8
› cares for equipment FTLS-10
• select and use appropriate equipment for the preparation of food, for example:
– utensils, e.g. knives, spatulas, can openers
– cooking equipment, e.g. saucepans, baking dishes, tagine
– appliances, e.g. oven, cooktop, microwave, slow cooker
– serving dishes, e.g. platters, trays, plates
Australian Curriculum – Design and Technologies Year 7 & 8
Resource Type: Digital Resource, Word Document
Digital File Type: Word Document File
Units Sold: 1
|Choose User Licence|
|Digital or Physical|
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.