A fun way for students to engage with food technology from home in an online setting or withing the classroom!
A great activity where students adjust a snack food recipe and make it more nutritional. This task was created to challenge and engage students working in Technology Mandatory and/or Design and Technologies.
This task provides students with the opportunity to participate in a recipe challenge that they can use in the world outside the classroom. Students have the opportunity to investigate an existing snack recipe and transform it into their own nutritious snack recipe.
This assists students to gain the knowledge that even their favourite foods can be nutritious and that they can eat a healthy balanced diet that is nutrient-rich. There are a range of activities to complete including a poster design challenge to extend student’s critical and creative thinking.
Students are also provided with a self-check to strengthen their evaluating skills.
This is designed to be a task that students can complete from home during the COVID-19 pandemic or alternatively students can complete this task in the classroom.
This task can be easily printed out and given to students. It can be differentiated for individual student’s needs at the discretion of the teacher.
- 7-page PDF and Word Document with NSW syllabus links and ACARA links
- Example recipe and answers
- Student activity
- Student self-check
Year 7 and 8 Technology Mandatory Materials Technology
- designs, communicates and evaluates innovative ideas and creative solutions to authentic problems or opportunities TE4-1DP
- plans and manages the production of designed solutions TE4-2DP
- develop criteria to evaluate design ideas, processes and solutions, the functionality, aesthetics and a range of constraints, e.g. accessibility, cultural, economic, resources, safety, social, sustainability, technical (ACTDEP038, ACTDIP027, ACTDIP031) DT ST
- investigate and communicate how a recipe can be improved to enhance nutritional value, and justify the recipe adjustment, for example: (ACTDEP039) DT
- using wholemeal flour instead of white flour for increased dietary fibre
- plan nutritious dish(es) to suit a group within society, for example: DT
- high calcium and iron for adolescents
- food for cultural celebrations
Australian Curriculum Design and Technologies
Year 7 & 8
- Generate, develop, test and communicate design ideas, plans and processes for various audiences using appropriate technical terms and technologies including graphical representation techniques (ACTDEP036)
- Independently develop criteria for success to evaluate design ideas, processes and solutions and their sustainability (ACTDEP038)
- Use project management processes when working individually and collaboratively to coordinate production of designed solutions (ACTDEP039)
Resource Type: Digital Download PDF, Outcome Task
Digital File Type: PDF (Acrobat) Document File, Microsoft Word Document
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional pack.
Please be aware that any company content, resources and materials purchased from Teacher Professional Development is permitted to one (1) user licence.
Teacher Professional Development own and maintain the intellectual property rights to their Resources and grant licenses to use such Resources and materials. When you purchase a Resource from TPD, you are also purchasing a license to use the Resource in accordance with the terms of this Resource Licensing Policy.
All other uses are prohibited without written consent. It is in violation of the Copyright Act to share, reproduce, redistribute, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, license, or otherwise transfer or use any company course content unless we give you explicit permission to do so. Company course content is licenced, and not sold, to you. Instructors may not grant you licence rights to content you access or acquire through the services, and any such direct licence shall be null and void and a violation of these Terms. You may not post or otherwise make any TPD Resource available on any website, forum or other medium.